Contact Student Connect
Important Notices:For up-to-date information and specific actions the University of Alberta is taking in consultation with public health experts, government officials, and other post-secondary institutions, visit https://uab.ca/covid19.
Effective March 17, Student Connect will not be taking in-person inquiries, appointments or phone calls until further notice. We are working remotely and will be able to answer questions submitted through the Student Connect Contact Form below during our business hours. Our current email response time is approximately 3-5 business days.
If you have accepted your offer of admission for Fall 2020 by filling out the “Reply to offer of admission” form on your Launchpad status page and have paid the tuition deposit (if required), please note that once your payment is received in BearTracks, it can take 3-4 business days for the payment to be applied to your account and for your registration to be activated. If your payment was received and is reflected on your BearTracks account for over 3-4 business days, please fill out the Contact Form below, and our advisors will assist you further. Registration for Fall 2020 for new students opens on April 1, but you have until mid-September to choose and enroll in your classes. See here for more information about registration.
The following information may help answer some FAQs related to services that were previously provided in person:
- Official transcripts can only be requested online for mail/courier delivery (in-person pick-up not currently offered).
- RESP forms. We will not be able to fill out the forms given by your RESP provider, however, a proof of enrollment document is accepted by these companies. You can download a Verification of Enrollment document from your BearTracks account, once you are registered in courses for the Fall and Winter term. For instructions, please visit our website.
- Government student loan interest-free status forms or other non-RESP forms. Send in scanned copy for completion through the Contact Form below.
- Special requests (students who need transcripts or proof of enrolment with ink signature & raised seal for immigration or other purposes) should be submitted through the contact form.
- Student loan application/registration confirmation forms (Alberta or out of province). Complete form with ALL required personal information and signatures, leave any sections to be completed by Office of the Registrar staff blank and send in a scanned copy.
- Changes to personal information (citizenship status, changes to legal name, changes to marital status, etc.): Please mail a certified copy of your official documents to the Office of the Registrar. More information can be found on the Changes to Personal Information page.
- Degree verification requests should be submitted through the contact form below.
We appreciate that the cancellation of exams may be a concern for you, as the submission of these final grades is currently a key part of the admission process to the University of Alberta. We want you to know we are committed to ensuring that a disruption like this, which is outside of your control, will not negatively impact your ability to carry on with the steps required for admission to the university. We are working quickly to establish a revised process to accommodate this change and will update this page as soon as we can.
If you are in a region impacted by IELTS or TOEFL test centre closures due to COVID-19, the University of Alberta will temporarily accept the Duolingo English Test as one of the ways to meet our Undergraduate English Language Proficiency requirements. Duolingo English Tests taken after February 1, 2020 will be accepted if the results are received by the document deadlines for the Fall 2020 intake. For more information about the Duolingo English Test, visit https://englishtest.duolingo.com/applicants.
Minimum Duolingo English Test score required by University of Alberta:
- 115 for English Language Proficiency
- 125 for Spoke English Proficiency
If you wish to take an IELTS or TOEFL test, ETS is offering online tests in some regions. Please check their website for more information and availability.
Applications to the U of A are still open! Visit the Undergraduate Admission page for available programs and deadlines. Please note that the application must be submitted by 10:00PM MST on the application deadline for each program.